Values & Ethos
“Life must be lived as play” Plato.
At Appletree Nursery School we believe in providing rich learning opportunities that allow children to grow and develop through exploratory and imaginative play, whilst supported by staff who will extend and challenge their learning helping children to become independent learners who can think critically and problem solve. Our ethos and curriculum are both underpinned by the belief that the development and support of social and emotional wellbeing underpins resilience, a positive sense of self and a lifelong love of learning and achievement.
At Appletree Nursery School we aim to:
- Provide highest quality learning experiences for all children.
- Learning that is:
- Provide the highest quality teaching and learning that takes account of, and responds to, the children’s interests, and developmental needs and allows them to make progress on an individual basis.
- We will start from where the child is now.
- Know and respect our children and their families as individuals, celebrating the richness of diversity and identity.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with our families.
- Value and nurture children’s curiosity, creativity and desire to make sense of the world, giving time for their thoughts and ideas, and value to their work, their conversations and their feelings.
- Recognise and value children’s strengths, interests and learning styles so that they develop confidence, independence and high self-esteem.
- Develop a staff team that is committed to working in partnership to best meet the needs of children and their families.
- Support children and families in making transitions with enthusiasm and confidence.