Appletree Nursery School provides a happy, secure and stimulating indoor and outdoor environment where everybody’s ideas, experiences and individuality are valued. Together we will share the excitement of learning through exploring, communicating and meeting new challenges that are relevant and have interest to us.
We educate the WHOLE CHILD and embrace a CAN DO ethos
Our Aims At Appletree Nursery School we aim to:
- Provide the highest quality learning experiences for all children.
Learning that is Vivid – Real – Relevant – Enjoyable – Challenging
- Provide the highest quality teaching and learning that takes account of, and responds to, the children’s interests, and developmental needs and allows them to make progress on an individual basis. We will start from where the child is now.
- Know and respect our children and their families as individuals, celebrating the richness of diversity and identity.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with our families.
- Value and nurture children’s curiosity, creativity and desire to make sense of the world, giving time for their thoughts and ideas, and value to their work, their conversations and their feelings.
- Recognise and value children’s strengths , interests and learning styles so that they develop confidence, independence and high self-esteem.
- Develop a staff team that is committed to working in partnership to best meet the needs of children and their families.
- Support the children in making the transition to the next phase of their education with enthusiasm and confidence following a happy and fun-filled time at Appletree.