Special Educational Needs (SEN)
At Appletree Nursery School we will work together to meet the unique needs of each child and recognise the personal and emotional investment of parents and families.
To achieve this we will:
- Support families to recognise their children as individuals by drawing on their parental knowledge and experiences.
- Offer a service that welcomes all children and their families.
- Provide a positive and accessible environment that enables all children to enjoy and achieve.
- Build supportive relationships with families to enable information to be shared about the development of their children.
- Work with other agencies and providers by sharing information to support the early identification of children’s additional needs, using CAF where appropriate.
- Offer support to families to enable them to access additional services, resources and information for both themselves and their children, particularly at times of transition.
- Ensure that all Appletree Nursery School staff are kept up to date in their practice of how best to support children with additional needs and their families.
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) is Anna Peachy, she can be contacted on 01524 64132 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our SEN Policy
Read our Nursery School Local Offer
Lancashire County Council Local Offer
Read Appletree’s SEN Information Report (January 2021)